Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Creating This Blog

Hello everyone! 
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoy all the wonderful things I have to say. I have a very tech savvy boyfriend who is a graphic designer/web designer/web developer so I had a good idea of what a blog was and all the things you can do with it. We actually had our own blog together at one point but he took it down to redesign it. I will put a link up if he finishes it before this class is over. Anyhow, I had no trouble creating my blog and I look forward to using it for both personal and professional use.
I just finished my second year of college. I attend Indiana University in Bloomington for the fall and spring semester and because I live on campus, I move back to Indianapolis in the summer. I am an elementary education major pursuing a concentration in reading. I have completed a lot of field experiences working with students from kindergarten to eighth grade and I can tell you that I will definitely stick with the younger crowd. Adolescents are a bit of a handful and I have great respect for middle school and junior high teachers; they are brave! These past two years have gone by super quick it seems but I can't wait to graduate and start teaching. My passion for teaching seems to grow with every day. 
I am the middle child of four. I have a 14 year old brother graduating from 8th grade and moving onto to the high school in the fall and I have a 19 year old step brother who just graduated from high school and is attending Purdue in the fall (He is now my enemy since I go to IU : ) just kidding!). I also have an older sister who is 22 and is mentally handicapped but is probably one of the most lovable people you will ever meet! My parents divorced when I was in 7th grade and I live with my mom and my step father when I'm not at IU. We live on the east side of Indianapolis. I have a cat named Smokey is she is the second love of my life only second to my wonderful, amazing boyfriend Andru. We have been together for a little over 3 years and he is my everything. I truly believe we are soul mates. I am so lucky to have found him. 
I look forward to tying the knowledge I've learned from other courses to this course as well as learning new things along the way.
Here is a link to my Wiki:

No comments:

Post a Comment